Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm not a failure. I am His.

This past week I've been struggling a lot with contentedness, my abilities, and my general sanity. There were a couple of days when I felt like I was just an absolute failure. So many little things had accumulated and conversations were had where I really felt as if I were letting down so many people and doing so many things wrong and not being motivated enough to do the things that needed to be done. It was rough. Luckily, things are looking up and I've determined a few things.
1) I am not a failure.
2) God has me go through these things so that I can grow stronger.
3) If I'm in God's will, I am certainly not in any trouble.
4) I do need to be more responsible with work, finances, etc.
5) I have people who love me, who will stay by my side, who will pray for me...and I need to let them in so they can!

Anyways, God is doing big things, but sometimes they get lost in the noise of the World and Satan will use these times to get me down and away from doing what God has called me to do.

In other update-ish news: God has already laid it on some peoples' hearts to give to me financially. It's exciting to hear about these things, it shows progress :)

I'm going to Moody to help recruit for Beechpoint tomorrow (wed), I'm excited to be going back to Chicago, see some friends, and hopefully find some great staff for the summer!

Prayer Requests:
1) my continued efforts to develop support for Beechpoint
2) HAITI - many of my friends are involved in someway with Haiti and its people. Pray for their rebuilding, their communities, their lives, their losses, their economy...everything.
3) my dad and his life situations right now
4) Winter Blast! Coming up this weekend.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment